Light Truck Heavy Use Winter Tire
Toyo’s light truck winter tire, the Open Country WLT1 has been engineered to deliver optimal performance for a variety of commercial vehicles or heavy use applications during our demanding Canadian winters.
The load carrying requirements for commercial vehicles or while carrying heavy loads are different than the average light truck. Toyo Tires has addressed these needs by developing a winter light truck tire that can carry the heavy loads and get through those tough winter conditions.
The design and profile of the Open Country WLT1 delivers improved ice and snow traction along with longer wear life.
Wider tread footprint and advanced tread design
Wider deep grooves
- A deeper tread depth and advanced tread design allow for a longer tire life.
- A wider tread footprint ensures better driving stability and allows for more of the tire to grip the road surface whatever the conditions.
Increased sipe density
- For increased snow traction.
- Self-cleaning pocket for effective snow drainage
Straight sipe & dimple design on the outsides of the tread
- Improves water evacuation and ice traction
- Longitudinally placed waved-sipe for improved cornering performance on ice.
Heavy duty construction with a stiff rigid casing
- For resistance to wandering and improved snow traction in deep snow.
- Designed for the unique load carrying, handling and braking requirements of LT, VAN, and SUV applications.
- Improved handling performance.